In four days I will move out of my hideout here in tobacco country.
I will move to a place where:
- Barnes & Noble is a five minute drive.
- There’s an ale house with 150 different beers — it is a 3 minute drive (18 minute drunk walk home).
- 19 minutes away is an art museum with “a collection that spans more than 5,000 years of artistic work from antiquity to the present.” This museum, combined with a nearby natural science museum and a nearby history museum, have been called collectively the Smithsonian of the South. (I practically lived in the actual Smithsonians when I lived in DC, so…we’ll see if these museums live up to the nickname…but yeah, they look promising.)
- 14 minutes away is one of the most prominent high-tech research and development centers in the United States, 190 companies employing 50,000 workers and 10,000 contractors.
- 11 minutes away is a 4,929 acre airport with direct flights to 38 domestic and international cities on 352 daily flights.
It has been restful out here in the country, but I’m ready for a change.