One thing that this blog really needs (besides a quick press of the ‘delete’ button), is photography. My photography skills are about as bad as my writing though…so …I should only post photos occasionally.
Another thing that this blog lacks is some wisdom! It would be great if I could tie the photo in with some wisdom. So here goes, here’s the wisdom:
Life can be found only in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life.
–Thich Nhat Hanh
Sometimes, in order to bring myself into the Now, I take an inventory of ‘my Now.’
- When I look to my left, the above photo is what I see, a slightly cluttered balcony. Beyond that is woods.
- I am fresh out of the shower. I have on some khaki shorts and a red shirt.
- I have music playing, some really spacey stuff.
- I don’t have any lights on, the only light is coming in from my left.
- I take the occasional e-cig puff or sip of coffee, they are both on my breath.
- I’m sitting at an IKEA desk.
- I’m typing on a laptop.
- I’m sitting in a metal folding chair with thin cushioning.
- I hear the air conditioning.
- Thoughts of work come and go.
- The urge to write persists.
Well, that’s about it. It’s all really exciting, isn’t it? My neighbor texted me, and he wants to go get coffee after they come fix his dryer. But now I am getting ahead of myself.
What is ‘your Now’ like?